|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Bearing a strong resemblance to normal Rathalos, the Dreadking doesn't have many qualities to differentiate itself from them. Despite looking alike, Dreadkings are overall larger wyverns, with relatively thicker features such as their talons and tail spines. The patterns on their wings are identical, but in contrast to normal Rathalos, a Dreadking's wings are a darker brown with cream colored markings.
|MHGen: Deviant Theme|
- Dreadking Rathalos' head, wings, and back can be wounded and its tail can be wounded and severed.
- Dreadking Rathalos is highly resistant to elemental and status damage until its parts are broken.
- Dreadking Rathalos is for the most part immune to Flash Bombs, however, can still be flashed out of the air. Moments before it performs certain attacks, it can be Flash Bomb'd out of the air.
- If one of its wings is broken, it will lose its resistance to Flash Bombs.
- Much like Silver Rathalos, Dreadking Rathalos has a fiery bite on the ground. Unlike Silver Rathalos's fiery bites, Dreadking Rathalos advances forward twice, or three times in Rage Mode, as it does the attack.
- When it breaths its area of effect fireball, the fireball will slowly change from black to orange before it explodes. The explosion covers a wide area, which is indicated by a large sphere of fire around the fireball.
- The sphere also drains the health of hunters within the explosions radius.
- Its range will increase in higher levels.
- Dreadking Rathalos' roar requires HG Earplugs to block.