Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Deviants (Japanese 二つ名持ちモンスター) are special monster individuals that have survived previous hunter encounters and have taken on new traits and abilities. They are known to be similar to normal monster individuals though different and special in some ways. Deviants are known to have a unique appearance, fighting style, and adaptions in battle. Deviants are also known to sometimes be larger than normal individuals. From these special individuals being far more dangerous and different, only hunters with special permits are allowed to hunt them.
Materials from Deviant monsters can be used to craft special Rare X equipment pieces. They are found in the last pages of the crafting menu, and they have some diferences compared to regular equipment:
- Weapons made from Deviant monsters will fill up the Hunter Arts bar faster than regular weapons.
- Along with regular skills, wearing a full armor set of a Deviant monster will grant the wearer unique Soul armor skills exclusive to that armor. These are powerful skills consisting of combined skills, sometimes characteristic of the species' armor sets. For example, "Grimclaw Soul" has the effects of Speed Eating +2 and High Grade Earplugs. However, in order to activate the Soul skill in the armor set, each piece will have to be at least Lv6. Otherwise, the skill will be greyed out and have no effect in battle.
- Rare X equipment have no slots.
List of Deviants by Game
Monster Hunter Generations
- Redhelm Arzuros
- Stonefist Hermitaur
- Hellblade Glavenus
- Snowbaron Lagombi
- Silverwind Nargacuga
- Dreadking Rathalos
- Dreadqueen Rathian
- Drilltusk Tetsucabra
- Grimclaw Tigrex
- Crystalbeard Uragaan
- Deadeye Yian Garuga
- Thunderlord Zinogre
Monster Hunter XX
Monster Hunter Generations
|Daimyo Hermitaur||Stonefist Hermitaur|
|Yian Garuga||Deadeye Yian Garuga|
|Diablos||Massacre Demon Diablos|
- Deviants have an added part to their name such as Dreadking or Hellblade.
- According to the Guild Master, this is to show respect to how rare these special individuals are.
- The development concept for the Deviants was to make the strongest monsters that change the way a hunter fights in a major way due to them being a true threat. The development team gave the Deviants a larger size and stronger attacks to truly show how dangerous they are.
- According to fans, Capcom fulfilled this perfectly with the Deviants.