The Daora's Maelstrom is a Sword and Shield type weapon.
Monster Hunter Freedom UniteEdit
|Upgraded From||>>||Daora's Maelstrom||>>||Upgraded Into|
|MHF2 and MHFU: Sword and Shield / Dual Sword Tree|
- Daora's Maelstrom is the final form of the Kushala Daora Sword and Shield line. It is made with G-Rank Kushala Daora materials and therefore becomes obtainable at HR9. However, it is a potentially tedious weapon to create due to requiring a BigEDragonJewel, which is an exceptionally rare item to come by.
- The Daora's Maelstrom offers a high amount of Raw power along with a (comparatively) good amount of Elemental output. It also has a good amount of sharpness, is capable of achieving purple sharpness with Sharpness +1 and has neutral affinity.
- Its competitors are the Ice Fang and Ukanlos Soul Hatchet of which the former has inferior Raw but far better Elemental power, and the latter, by far, superior Raw but also grossly inferior Element, Sharpness and Affinity. So, in general the Daora's Maelstrom is the most balanced among the 3 Ice-Element SnS.
- When looking at overall damage output the Daora's Maelstrom is usually the best pick. Ice Fang's damage output would be ideal when a monster has high defense but low elemental resistance, and the Ukanlos Soul Hatchet would be best against monsters with low to average defense and not much weakness to Ice.
- The Daora's Maelstrom offers all you would generally look for when using a Sword and Shield. It has above-average Raw, a good amount of Elemental power and high Sharpness. The traits of an ideal general-purpose Sword and Shield.
- Though it may come with a nice price tag to it, and some pretty rare materials, it is undoubedtly worth the trouble one might have to go through in order to make it. If you are looking for the best general-purpose Ice Sword and Shield, then this is the weapon for you.