Daimyo Hermitaur has a large, crab-like body. It is covered in a red and white carapace and wears the skull of a Monoblos as a shell. It has broad, shield-like claws and long antennae.
It can use its claws as shields to defend itself from attackers, and can also use them to dig into the earth in order to attack foes from below. It can shoot pressurized jets of water and can use its massive weight to crush enemies.
Daimyo Hermitaur is a rather passive creature, sometimes failing to take notice of hunters standing only feet in front of it.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Main Article: Stonefist Hermitaur
Hard Core (HC) Daimyo Hermitaur
Season 9.0, an HC version is added gaining several new attacks: it can now run rapidly from side to side, swinging its claws; it can jump in the air directly after retreating into its shell; it can come flying backwards out of the ground after digging and Its water beam reaches even further than Plum Daimyo Hermitaur. The ends of its claws and legs will also become red and inflamed.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Left Claw (x1)|
|Right Claw (x1)|
- The Daimyo (大名, daimyou) were powerful territorial lords who ruled most of Japan from their vast, hereditary land holdings. The term "daimyo" literally means "great name". They were the most powerful feudal rulers from the 10th century to the early 19th century in Japan following the Shogun. From the shugo of the Muromachi period through the sengoku to the daimyo of the Edo period, the rank had a long and varied history. The term "daimyo" is also sometimes used to refer to the leading figures of such clans, also called "lord". It was usually, though not exclusively, from these warlords that a shogun arose or a regent was chosen.
- Unlike the Shogun Ceanataur, its shell cannot break off completely.
- To make a Daimyo Hermitaur drop a shiny, be in the same area without being seen. After a while, it will start eating. When it finishes, it will drop a shiny.
- The Monoblos skull that the Daimyo Hermitaur use is strangely much bigger than even a large Monoblos head.
- The Daimyo Hermitaur's two claws and shell can be broken for extra rewards. The shell can be broken twice, with the first break breaking the eye socket of the Monoblos shell, exposing the Daiymo's abdomen. The second break breaks off the horn of the Monoblos shell.
- Hermitaur Armor usually boosts defensive skills such as the Guard skill tree, as well as the Defense Up skills. Most beginner Lance users may want to use this armor to take advantage of the Lances' superior Guarding abilities.
- When it retreats into its shell, arrows will bounce off causing slight damage to the hunter (however, there is a point between its claws and its shell where arrows will enter its "shield") and Melee strikes will deflect, ESP notwithstanding. Throwing a Sonic Bomb or using a Barrel Bomb will get it out and stun it.
- Daimyo Hermitaur gains a new pin attack.
- During the water blast, it can walk left or right to cover a wider area.
- After doing that, it usually taunts.
- It can only use this move when enraged.
- In G-rank, When it retreats into its shell, it can turn toward the hunter and make its water blast.
- Impact Damage is no longer required to break its shell.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- Daimyo Hermitaur can be a pet, its favorite foods are fish.
- This monster is unlocked at Level 23.