The Crystalbeard Uragaan possesses a near identical body shape to the normal Uragaan, yet has a different coloration. With an orange-red body, it blends in well with its fiery, volcanic habitats. In contrast to its overall orange hue, this gem clad Deviant has shiny, blue-ish purple minerals protruding from certain areas on its body. These gemstones can be found jutting out of its tail and chin.
|MHGen: Deviant Theme|
- Unlike Uragaan, you cannot break its chin.
- Crystalbeard Uragaan throws explosive rocks at its enemies from its tail. Once these rocks land, they will slowly brighten up before exploding.
- Occasionally, it will throw a crystal-like rock on the ground that releases Sleep gas at regular intervals. These crystals can also be mined, however.
- At higher levels, sometimes hurls explosive rocks on its sides when it rolls.
- Similar to Deviljho, Crystalbeard Uragaan can fling rocks at enemies with its chin.
- Sometimes when it slams its chin, a small explosion will be caused by its chin.
- According to an interview, the development team wanted to give Crystalbeard Uragaan a different appearance that reflected its beauty, in a treasure kind of way. They wanted to keep its concept like the other Deviants, however, the team added an additional theme to this monster: Getting rich!.
- It is suggested that they wanted this to be a Variant of Uragaan at first, but instead made it a Deviant due to wanting it to be a real threat, despite its strange mechanic.
- In the end, Crystalbeard Uragaan was given the ability to throw mineable ores to make it different enough from the other Deviants.