Although its relationship with regular Ceadeus is unknown, this subspecies is seemingly a fully-grown Ceadeus. Goldbeard Ceadeus is of a darker colouring, having developed a lustrous golden hide and darker brown underbelly, with a more pronounced mane. Unlike the regular Ceadeus, both of its horns are large and symmetrical, overtaking its remaining eye. In addition, both horns can be broken off which yields a total of four carves.
Goldbeard Ceadeus is capable of firing a current beam that can be swept from right to left, in addition to the usual vertical attack. It is also known to quickly swim to the top of the ruins, so as to fire a sweeping current beam which affects a wide area.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus is one of the only 7 Elder Dragons (the others being Yama Tsukami, Alatreon, Kirin, Rukodiora, Amatsumagatsuchi and Dire Miralis) that will not flee and end the quest when enough damage has been dealt to it.
- The quest's time limit is 50 minutes as opposed to the original species' 30.
- Instead of being fought as it travels through the areas of the Underwater Ruin, Goldbeard Ceadeus is fought solely in the final area.
- Unlike the standard Ceadeus, Goldbeard Ceadeus cannot be repelled, and must be slain in one quest.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus has higher durability on its back requiring at least a blue sharpness to ensure that the player doesn't bounce off, however its tail, underbelly and beard are still susceptible to 'weaker' attacks.
- It has an 'upgraded' form of the water breath attack because it can shoot in arcs.
- As opposed to the basic Ceadeus, both horns are full-size and can be broken off; each one can be carved twice.
- Goldbeard Ceadeus' back and tail section can be broken or 'scarred'. Both of its horns can be broken off, and its beard can be sheared.
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Analysis
Source: BradyGames Guide
|Vuze Plays MH3U - G★1 Goldbart-Ceadeus (Synchro)(17:13)|
|Title||Ceadeus Sub vs Lance (~15min)|