Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Brute Tigrex features a darker, more muted color palette of various shades of grey, brown, and beige. It apparently possesses a more robust set of lungs than the common species, as evidenced by its increased roaring capacity. It has a more powerful set of forelimbs, and has adapted to live in harsher environments than any other variety of Tigrex.
Brute Tigrex is capable of using its powerful forelimbs to trample opponents, and can produce incredibly concussive roars which can send nearby objects flying.
This subspecies will exhibit similar behavior to its common counterpart, but it more brutal and aggressive when approaching and engaging prey and attackers alike.
Brute Tigrex is known to inhabit harsh environments such as Volcanoes and Deserts.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information taken from mhp3rd.net.
MH4U Breakable Parts
|Right Wing (x1)|
|Left Wing (x1)|
- Despite its name being Brute Tigrex, it doesn't have any relation with the Brute Wyvern Monster Type.
- Brute Tigrex shares its music theme with Tigrex.
- Brute Tigrex's roar requires HG Earplugs to block and causes damage to hunters.
- In one of Capcom's official artbooks, Hunter Encyclopedia 2 (released in 2006), there is a Tigrex-like wyvern bearing a similar palette of colors:
- There are two more of these in the 2008 Monster Hunter Illustrations artbook, one of the extinct Wyvernrex, the ancestor of all flying wyverns and one less dark-coloured Tigrex-like wyvern :
- When the Brute Tigrex is low on Stamina, it stumbles and falls over whenever it tries to make an immediate second charge at the Hunter.
- Eating an Aptonoth, Slagtoth, or Rhenoplos helps the Brute Tigrex regain its Stamina. It may drop a shiny when it begins eating its prey.
- When enraged, some parts of its face and arms will become inflamed.
- During rage mode, when it jumps backwards, its next attack would most probably be charging towards a player, stop in front of its current position and use Super Roar.
- The Brute Tigrex appears in a quest with the regular Tigrex in the Sandy Plains.
- In G-rank, it no longer taunts after the Super Roar attack.
- It can be infected by the Frenzy Virus.
- When infected, Brute Tigrex can do its Super Roar twice in a row. It is also capable of running at the hunter and turning 4 times when infected.
- In the Everwood, when it stands in a watery area, its rocks cause Waterblight.
- The quest details of the G2 Quest, Advanced: A Black Day, erroneously call Brute Tigrex "Black Tigrex".