Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
Bow Charge Level
While a bow is drawn, simply pressing triangle unleashes a Level 1 arrow. However, by pressing and holding triangle, and waiting for a red flash, a charge attack is formed. Charged arrows do increased damage, at the cost of a lower number of arrows fired per unit of time, and stamina. However, charging is more than capable of exceeding the damage-per-second done by spamming weak Level 1 arrows.
By holding the triangle button and waiting for a single flash, Level 2 is reached. If the button is released after a second flash, Level 3 is reached. Each succeeding level is more powerful than the previous. Each level may also possess a different arrow type than the previous.
Different Arrow Types
The arrow type determines what kind of attack a bow does on each Charge level. There are 3 types, each having 5 sublevels corresponding to its power. Moreover, each arrow type deals optimal damage on different distances (though elemental damage is not affected by distance). The arrow types fired by a bow are visible on a bow's equipment details page.
- Scatter fires several arrows at a wide range. Their ideal range is close to mid-range, and larger sublevels indicate more arrows fired
- Peirce fires a single arrow, with the ability to pierce and do multiple attacks to monsters. The arrow will travel a great distance, and hits the optimum range at a distance. Increased sublevels allows Pierce to penetrate multiple times before stopping.
- Rapid fires a volley of arrows, ideal for exploiting weak spots. Best used at mid-range. Higher sublevels increase the number of arrows in each volley.
- Most bows have 3 Charge levels. Some bows only have 2 Charge levels. Others have a 4th Charge level, capable of doing even more damage. The gunner skill Load Up increases the number of charge levels available to a bow by 1, to a maximum of 4.
- Arrow coatings stack with bow charges.
|1st charge||Does 40% damage and 50% elemental damage|
|2nd charge||Does 100% damage and 75% elemental damage|
|3rd charge||Does 150% damage and 100% elemental damage|
|4th Charge||Does 150% damage and 112.5% elemental damage|