|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Blue Thunder Lord Astalos has a slight turquoise tint on its scales and shell. Its wing claws, tail pincers, and head crest are all much larger than that of a regular Astalos. In its default state, it has the appearance of a fully charged regular Astalos, although it charge itself even further and change the color of its electricity from green to blue.
Blue Thunder Lord Astalos possesses a larger charge capacity than a normal Astalos, and can supercharge itself in a state beyond normal individuals. It's also able to manipulate electromagnetism to some extent.
Blue Thunder Lord Astalos are much more aggressive, compared to normal Astalos. They are always attacking a foe, even if that foe is out of their sight. Due to this, hunters are required to have a special permit in order to hunt a Blue Thunder Lord Astalos.
- Blue Thunder Lord Astalos is one of the few G-rank exclusive Deviants.
- Blue Thunder Lord Astalos's wings, head, and back can be wounded. Its tail can also be cut off.
- Blue Thunder Lord Astalos starts off in its fully charged, but can go into another charged state beyond it.
- Despite this, Blue Thunder Lord Astalos can still get tired overtime.
- When enraged, Blue Thunder Lord Astalos will immediately fully charge its whole body, turning its parts blue in color.
- Blue Thunder Lord Astalos can be fully charged by Shock Traps.
- Even in its final charged state, it is susceptible to Shock Traps.