Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
As the alpha-male of the pack, the Blangonga is twice as large as the average Blango with a much more aggressive temperament. Its strong, muscled limbs allow it to run and leap at a startling speed, and its powerful roar can catch hunters unaware without adequate hearing protection.
By calling out to its pack, the Blangonga can summon Blangos to fight beside it in battle. Its deadly speed can bewilder the novice hunter, as they can perform a dive that can send them rolling into their foes and deal out massive damage. Blangongas can break ice at their feet and hurl it at hunters to inflict a Snowman status, or break it into ice shrapnel that can send foes flying.
Blangongas are incredibly aggressive creatures. They will ruthlessly attack hunters and prey, yet shy away from anything larger than themselves.
Blangonga live almost exclusively in the Snowy Mountains. Their thick coat keeps them warm and serves as the perfect camouflage.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Blangonga
HC Blangonga appears quite different to the usual Blangonga. The traditionally orange features on its face are instead bright shiny red, whilst the head-cone is larger and a deeper blue. New attacks include a triple ice throw, greater ice breath with exceptional range and fast, well-aimed digging attacks.
MHGen Breakable Parts
- Blangonga's fangs and tail can be broken.
- The fangs can only be broken with Fire Element.
- Breaking its fangs will also cause its Roar to become ineffective and it will no longer summon Blangos.
- Another weakness sign signalling a capture that a Blangonga shows is that, its cheek will turn from light blue to dark blue.
- To make a Blangonga drop a shiny, stay in the same area as him without being noticed. After some time, he will stop and dig the snow, dropping the item right after.
- Blangonga has the habit of 'cleaning/rubbing' his face, doing so will remove the tracking effect of a Paintball.
- When a Blangonga summons a Blango, the Blango has a new ability. It can throw snowballs or ice balls at hunters, but since it is the smaller version of the Blangonga's ice floor throw, it won't activate the Snowman status effect.
- Blangos summoned by a Blangonga disappear if the area is left and re-entered. However, Blangos that were originally there will remain unless killed.
- Blangonga's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Blangonga's tremors requires Tremor Res +1 to block.
- Fire element is no longer required to break its fangs.
- Blangonga can be a pet. It is shown that Blangonga will eat Amber Ore surprisingly.
- HC Blangonga's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- This monster is unlocked at Level 38.