|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wikia until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
The Berukyurosu is a Thunder Element wyvern exclusive to Monster Hunter Frontier. It first appeared in Monster Hunter Frontier Season 4.0. It appeared in the new area, Gorge. A hunter must be HR81 to hunt Berukyurosu.
Berukyurosu is able to shoot a linear lightning beam from its mouth. The beam itself is very similar to that of the Rajang. Berukyurosu is highly adept in aerial combat, able to do even more difficult maneuvers than the Kushala Daora.
Berukyurosu has the ability to learn patterns of attack from hunters and will counter it, or will attack/evade accordingly. It will also change behavior depending on what weapons are used and what quest it's in. It bears a passing resemblance to Rathalos and may be related to it. When enraged, the yellow mane of Berukyurosu will turn orange, and it will fly into the air to attempt a dive bomb capable of unleashing a massive explosion of thunder.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
Hard Core (HC) Berukyurosu
First able to be encountered at SR81
Changes in appearance including the majority of its body color is more blue along with all its hair, spikes are bright yellow tipped, its long quill-like appendages are more thick, all its spikes are longer and more developed, the claws at the tips are greatly increased in size and are double tipped.
A very powerful variation, HC Berukyurosu, is even more deadly than the common Berukyurosu. Using more of its deadlier attacks more often and new attacks that devastate hunters who are unprepared including a combo where Berukyurosu follows a target while it sweeps the ground with its long whip like appendages twice followed by a jump into the air where it hooks its appendages into the ground and pulls itself down smashing the ground and making its Thunder Sky Slam previously only done when entering rage.
At SR100, HC Berukyurosu gains a new attack where it flies high into the air and a thin red light comes out of its mouth aiming down below, followed by a beam more wide than the monster itself that its moves horizontally attempting to kill its target. If it's not in rage mode, it will gently fly down or if it's in rage mode, it will crash down with its Thunder Sky Slam.
- Berukyurosu's head crest, back, both wings, appendages and side tails can be broken, and the middle tail can be severed.
- If Berukyurosu's horn is broken along with its back and wings, it may begin to lose control of its own power and inflict itself with damage. This can cause random bursts killing the itself and has been seen to run away and blow out without anyone being in the area it died in.
- Berukyurosu is known for rare suicide blow outs when near death preventing capture to hunters.
- When Berukyurosu staggers while it's hovering, there is a chance that it might drop a shiny.
- Some of Berukyurosu's known common tactic changes include the addition of free roaming balls of thunder for Dual Sword and Sword and Shield users.
- The lightning bite attack can cause a hunter's weapon to lose its sharpness all the way to red instantly.