Ad blocker interference detected!
Wikia is a free-to-use site that makes money from advertising. We have a modified experience for viewers using ad blockers
Wikia is not accessible if you’ve made further modifications. Remove the custom ad blocker rule(s) and the page will load as expected.
|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Baruragaru shares similarities to other Leviathans, notably the long body frame; however, its limbs seem more developed for terrestrial environments. It uses a long proboscis-like tongue to extract body fluids from its prey.
When extracting fluids from its prey, Baruragaru is capable of temporarily gaining certain attributes from it. It will be able to use Poison based attacks if it drains an Iodrome, Paralysis based attacks if it drains a Gendrome, and blood based attacks if it drains a Velocidrome or Hunter. These blood based attacks have the ability to lower the sharpness of weapons. If considerable time has passed with Baruragaru preying on a creature, it will revert to using water-based attacks.
This Leviathan is also able to burrow through thick mud, and use its tongue like a flail.
Aggressive and predatory in nature, it will attack anything it sees as prey or a potential threat.
Baruragaru's name is a combination of the Latin word for savage, barbarous/barubarusu(バルバルス), and the Spanish word for lizard, lagartija/ragarutiha(ラガルティハ).
- Being an invasive species from the ocean that feeds on blood, Baruragaru is similar to a Sea Lamprey.
- Baruragaru is the first Frontier monster to utilize a pin attack, employed when draining blood from hunters.
- Baruragaru also has three pin animations.
- The fins on the top of its head and on its back can be broken, its arms, tongue can be broken and its tail can be scarred.
- Baruragaru's wind pressure requires Windproof (Hi) to block.
- Baruragaru's tremors require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- If Baruragaru is interrupted during eating (most commonly by being made to flinch after powerful attacks to its tongue) a black flash passes across its body and the creature will moan in pain. For a moment it will look around in circles with its mouth bleeding heavily, before eventually recovering.
- In its G-Rank quest in the Swamp it will readily attack the G-Rank Iodrome that appears alongside it. The same goes for both the G-Rank Gendrome in the Desert and Hardcore Velocidrome in the Jungle.