Barroth is a large, bipedal monster characteristic of the Brute Wyvern class. It is noted for the large crown structure atop its skull, which houses its nostrils. Its body is covered in rigid plates of armored hide that help protect it from the harsh desert environment. Barroth possesses a pair of small red eyes and a mouthful of long, peg-shaped teeth.
Barroth is capable of using its heavy head as a plow to smash through the environment, as well as cause damage to any living thing caught in its way. Because its nostrils are located on top of its head, Barroth can completely submerge itself in the cool mud during the scorching desert days.
It will occasionally roll in dirt and mud, possibly to cool off from the hot desert sun. Although docile by default, Barroth becomes extremely territorial when disturbed. It will release an initial warning roar. If that fails, it will continuously attack until the threat is exterminated. An insectivore, it is known to attack Altaroth nests in order to feast on the occupants inside.
Barroth is uniquely adapted to a desert lifestyle, and as such can almost exclusively be found in the Sandy Plains, although it has been known to wander into the Moga Woods occasionally.
|Legs (Knockout off Mud)||Tail (Sever)|
Monster Hunter 3
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information taken from mhp3rd.net
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
|Item Name||Able||Effectiveness||Duration (1st time)||Duration (2nd time)||Notes|
For the damage formula (how it's calculated), hitzone charts, Barroth info and more click the following links: Monster Hunter 3 Damage Formula or Monster Hunter 3 Hitzone Charts. Images created by Inkoseh.
- The inspiration for Barroth came from observing the "movement of bulldozers on a construction site". 
- Barroth is the first Brute Wyvern encountered in Monster Hunter 3.
- The Guild Sweetheart says that a blunt weapon, such as a Hammer, must be used to break off Barroth's head ridge. It's not required to use a Hammer in order to do so, but due to the fact that the head crest is hard bone, it's much easier with a Hammer. Hammers are the only weapons capable of not bouncing off Barroth's head if under blue sharpness (unless the Mind's Eye skill is activated, or the Hunter is using the Spirit Slash on a long sword). She may just be hinting to the player of this mechanic.
- The Barroth is the only Monster in both Monster Hunter Tri and Monster Hunter Portable 3rd capable of inflicting "Muddy". In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, Rust Duramboros was introduced, which also has this ability.
- When its head is broken while covered in mud, Barroth may drop a shiny in the same spot where its head piece falls.
- Barroth will throw fewer mud chunks when coated in less mud.
- When low on stamina, Barroth's charges become much slower.
- In the arena, Barroth can not regain its mud.
- When Barroth is enraged, it moves faster. It also chains its bite with a charging bite, like how Great Wroggi and Great Baggi do.
- When in the same area with a Great Jaggi, the Barroth will sometimes be attacked by the Great Jaggi and Jaggi.
- Barroth's roar requires Earplugs to block.
- Even though Barroth is not in Monster Hunter 4, you can get it's armor by trading monster parts for Barroth parts.
- Barroth is sometimes summoned by Qurupeco. However, a Barroth can only be summoned in the quest "Hunter Killer".
- Barroth is the first hunting quest monster whose roar will cause the hunter to temporarily cower.