It is golden colored on top and a dark bruise-black color on its underside, and its heat-sensing organs glow green instead of purple, unlike the normal Gigginox.
It also uses Thunder and Paralysis instead of Poison. When enraged, its golden skin turns a bloody red color reminiscent of the Red Khezu. Instead of poison blobs, this Gigginox produces electrical blob sacs that explode. It can also generate electricity over its whole body in a similar manner to the Khezu.
Baleful Gigginox are highly aggressive and territorial. These wyverns will not tolerate smaller predators such as Great Baggi and Baggi near their lairs and will kill with extreme prejudice.
Like normal Gigginox, the Baleful Gigginox lives mainly in the freezing caves of the Tundra.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
- It does not do a body slam attack filled with electricity like the original Gigginox does with poison. Instead, it has an electric field attack much like the Lagiacrus or the Khezu.
- Baleful Gigginox has a different Pin Attack than its normal counterpart - instead of clinging to the ceiling and pulling the hunter in, it will "fake" an electric field, then leap at the Hunter.
- This can be predicted if the electricity that is produced around its mouth is colored blue.
- This can also be predicted if there is no wave of electricity under it.
- Baleful Gigginox can recover Stamina by eating from a bone pile like Great Baggi or preying on Herbivores, such as Popo or Anteka.
- Unlike normal Gigginox, Baleful Gigginox do not lay hatching eggs. Instead, they produce exploding 'eggs' that release electricity, similar to how Gigginox sometimes releases poisonous, exploding 'eggs'.
- If the head of Baleful Gigginox is broken, it will shoot out blue balls of lightning instead of the normal yellow balls. These blue orbs will no longer cause Paralysis. However, its electric field will continue to inflict Paralysis.
- If the Baleful Gigginox is out of stamina, it will have trouble doing some attacks. The electric field has a shorter span of time and it will also fail to spit its ball of lightning, much like the Rathalos and Rathian when trying to spit fireballs.
- The G-Rank Baleful Gigginox can lay an electrical 'egg' upon its back, which will eventually explode in a burst of electricity that inflicts Paralysis. The glob will sparkle and glow faintly before exploding.