|MHP3: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
Arzuros (アオアシラ) is a large, blue, bear-like Fanged Beast introduced in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd that inhabits the Misty Peaks and the Deserted Island. Arzuros is very fond of honey and will attack any hunter trying to gather it. Arzuros is seen regularly by Yukumo villagers in the Misty Peaks and is known to cause trouble for the locals.
Despite its size, it can attack with both power and agility. It mainly attacks using its muscular arms with sharp claws and spikes. Though it inhabits the Misty Peaks with the Zinogre, the two do not compete for food, as the Arzuros eats fish and honey while Zinogre is a large carnivorous predator, feeding on smaller monsters. As a Fanged Beast, Arzuros is related to Lagombi and Volvidon. It often hangs its tongue out of its mouth, presumably to help get rid of the immense amount of body heat it produces.
- Arzuros eats honey to recover Stamina.
- Arzuros' signature move is a Pin Attack, much like some of the monsters in Monster Hunter 3. Failing to break free from the pin attack will result in Arzuros stealing Honey from the hunter and eating it (if the hunter has Honey in his/her inventory)
- If after the Arzuros pins the hunter down and steals Honey, then there is a chance of it dropping a shiny that contains Honey, while he sits down to eat it.
- The guards of its forelegs can be broken. Doing so will leave it more likely to fall over after charging.
- Arzuros is the target of the first Yukumo Village Urgent Quest in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd.
- Arzuros is most vulnerable to Fire on its head, body and front legs, and weakest to Ice on its hind legs and rear.
- Throwing a Sonic Bomb, or exploding a Small/Large Barrel Bomb next to it, will startle Arzuros momentarily. Additionally, it will drop a shiny.
- Throwing a Dung Bomb at Arzuros will not only make it escape to another Area, but will also drop a shiny. However, this only works once per hunt.
- In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, the Arzuros can be hunted at night in the Moga Woods, only after achieving high rank and completing the ****** quest "Double Jeopardy".
- In Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, trapping an Arzuros will cause it to drop a shiny.
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate Analysis
Source: BradyGames Guide
Sidenote: The guide actually lists "butt" as an area; I didn't make that up
Arzuros - Badass Meter: