|MHP3: Arzuros, Lagombi and Volvidon Theme|
Arzuros (アオアシラ) is a large, blue, bear-like Fanged Beast introduced in Monster Hunter Portable 3rd that inhabits the Misty Peaks and the Deserted Island. Arzuros is very fond of honey and will attack any hunter trying to gather it. Arzuros is seen regularly by Yukumo villagers in the Misty Peaks and is known to cause trouble for the locals.
Arzuros is a large, Fanged Beast noted for its turquoise colored fur and ursine body structure. Arzuros have a ridge of erect hair aligned with their noses. Its back is made of a tough hide, somewhat characteristic of a carapace. Hair runs from its cheeks, connecting to its back, where it forms a trim along the sides of the back. The claws of an Arzuros have elongated, red nails. Each claw has a tough brace encasing and protecting the wrist and forearm. Arzuros has large, bulky legs connected to much smaller feet. Arzuros has a short, wide tail with five spikes on it.
Arzuros is armed with two vicious claws which it uses for most of its attacks. Arzuros uses its large body and agility for charge attacks and pinning down prey.
Arzuros are omnivorous creatures that enjoy feasting on fish and honey. When eating honey, Arzuros pay little to no attention of their surroundings. When threatened by other large monsters, Arzuros will try to use its size and claws to frighten the monster, or will use its agility to escape. Arzuros often hang their tongues out of their mouths.
Monster Hunter Portable 3rd
Information is taken from mhp3rd.net
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.||Shot D.|
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
Source: BradyGames Guide
Sidenote: The guide actually lists "butt" as an area; I didn't make that up
- Arzuros eats honey to recover Stamina.
- Arzuros' tendency to eat or 'forage' in order to recover health is slightly higher than Lagombi's or Volvidon's.
- Arzuros' signature move is a Pin Attack, similar to many of the other monsters. Failing to break free from the pin attack will result in Arzuros stealing Honey from the hunter and eating it (if the hunter has Honey in his/her inventory) and it will stun the hunter.
- After the Arzuros pins the hunter down and steals Honey, there is a chance of it dropping a shiny that contains Honey, while he sits down to eat.
- The shelling on its forelegs can be broken. Doing so will make it more likely to fall over after charging.
- Arzuros is most vulnerable to the Fire Element on its head, body, and front legs. It is weakest to Ice on its hind legs and rear.
- Throwing a Sonic Bomb, or detonating a Small/Large Barrel Bomb next to it, will startle Arzuros momentarily, but not when Arzuros is in rage mode. This will cause it to drop a shiny object.
- Throwing a Dung Bomb at Arzuros will not only make it flee to another Area, but will also cause it to drop something shiny. This will only work once per hunt.
- Trapping an Arzuros will cause it to drop a shiny object.
- Even though Arzuros isn't in Monster Hunter 4, you can get its armor by trading monster parts for Arzuros parts.
- Arzuros is the target of the first Yukumo Village Urgent Quest.
- There's an Event Quest where players hunt a king-sized Arzuros boasting advanced stats.
- The Arzuros can be hunted at night in the Moga Woods, only after achieving high rank and completing the 6* quest "Double Jeopardy".