|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
|MHP3rd : Amatsumagatsuchi Battle Theme Part 1|
|MHP3rd : Amatsumagatsuchi Battle Theme Part 2|
The final boss of Monster Hunter Portable 3rd which, at present, remains the only game it has appeared in. It spends most of the time airborne, and is capable of unleashing devastating beams of concentrated wind and water. It seems to possess the ability to manipulate storms and wind, as it is surrounded by a hurricane wherever it goes. It has been sighted above the Misty Peaks, attacking an airship manned by a Hunter and his comrades.
Amatsumagatsuchi have a unique body structure, its head are large sized with a long black snout like Shanthien also a pair of giant golden horns and a pair of a really long "Mustache". Its "Eyes" are black and normal colored (1st form) It will start glowing an anger red color in the 2nd form. Its body are wavy and flabby alike with two pair of fins, both on the front and both on its back. Its fins can be broken for extra rewards. Its tail are thin and long, although if severed it would be a little bit shorter, when severed its tail can be carved 2 times for extra rewards. in the 2nd battle part, the whole body will become covered with purple and red markings as the storm around it intensifies (the second part of the theme will begin playing as well). This second state of rage means that Amatsumagatsuchi will become far more aggressive and use its most powerful attacks, but unlike White Fatalis and its armor mode, its head will take more damage instead of less (the defense of all of its other parts remains the same).
In battle, Amatsumatgatsuchi hovers above the ground. Its movements are reminiscent of fighting the Leviathans underwater in Monster Hunter Tri, and many of its attacks are similar to those used by them such as the charge, tail whip, and roar animations. It also has a wind barrier around its body, unlike Kushala Daora's wind barrier, it doesn't cause the hunter or attacks to be deflected. However, Ballista shots will be somewhat less effective as long as the barrier remains active. The barrier is also less stable than Daora's, as it temporarily disappears when Amatsumagatsuchi uses certain attacks.
One of its most dangerous attacks is when it creates a small twister that begins to suck in the hunter, then hits them hard with a tornado-shrouded charge. Even if the first main twister is avoided, he will revolve around the second twister, encompassing a wider area with every revolution. If the hunter is close enough when hit, it will cause him/her to fly back into the twister. The second twister will remain on the field for several seconds before disappearing and can still damage the hunter.
When weakened enough, Amatsumagatsuchi uses its other most powerful move: it flies high into the air and uses three massive water beams. The attack consists of two parts; the beams themselves will strike the ground, and then the areas where the ground was struck explodes with water.
Amatsumagatsuchi spend most of the time airborne, making it hard to reach with melee weapon (Except with lance, gunlance, long sword), but very easy to reach with ranged weapon. It is believed that Amasumagatsuchi is live only in the Mountain Summit and flying around it, passing the Yukumo Village.
It is fought in the Mountain Summit, it could be that only Mountain Summit are the place it will be fought.
- Its front two fins can each be broken/damaged. The head can be damaged twice; the first time Amatsumagatsuchi will lose one horn, the second time its right mustache will be cut. Amatsumagatsuchi's back can also be broken. In addition, its tail can be severed, giving two extra carves.
- Breaking parts of Amatsumagatsuchi or severing its tail doesn't have any effect on his powers, unlike previous Elder Dragons (like Kushala Daora). However, Amatsumagatsuchi falls if its fins or its chest receive enough damage, giving a good opening to attack. This can be done several times during the battle.
- Amatsumagatsuchi can only be fought on the Mountain Summit. Once it enters its second state of rage, the storm will intensify, and after defeating it, the stormy weather will clear immediately, as proof of its ability to harness the power of storms.
- Ballista Shots and the Ballista Binder can be used on Amatsumagatsuchi. If it is hit with Ballista Binder while it is performing an attack, other than its sucking tornado or water beam explosion, it will fall to the ground for a while, leaving some difficult-to-reach parts, such as its back fins and tail, open to attack.
- The Ballista Binder is only effective when Amatsumagatsuchi is using an attack.
- However, like items on other monsters, the Ballista Binder will be less and less effective on Amatsumagatsuchi as several successful shots are performed. After roughly three or four uses, the binder's duration will become so short that it becomes almost useless for anything except interrupting Amatsumagatsuchi's attacks.
- When Amatsumagatsuchi is using its sucking attack, operating the Ballista can prevent the hunter from getting sucked towards it.
- Amatsumagatsuchi's physical attack apparently lacks attack range, this excludes it's weather-based attacks. This may due to the fact that it doesn't collides with the ground directl when performing them.
- Amatsumagatsuchi's Super Tornado readying time is approximately 7.4 seconds while the sucking time is 2.79 seconds(simplified determination).
- Once Amatsumagatsuchi has been slain, a special ending musical theme will play.
- So far Amatsumagatsuchi only appears in one Monster Hunter installment, and is absent in subsequent series.
- Like Kushala Daora, if slain, the weather changes.
- If the hunter manages to damage Amatsu with ballista while doing the Super Tornado, it will fall on the ground, leaving itself vulnerable.
- If Amatsumagatsuchi is put to sleep, it continues to float and does not fall to the ground.
- In the first part of the fight where the music is still calm, Amatsumagatsuchi's roar is a bit of a echoing flute. When the second part of the fight where skies grow even more violet and the second part of the theme plays, its roar will have a mix with a monster roar giving it a thundering effect, suggesting Amatsu's rage.
Information are taken from mhp3rd.net.
|Hitzone||Cut. D.||Imp. D.|
|Head||60 (70)||70 (80)||25||0||15||10||35|
Numbers in brackets are for Amatsumagatsuchi's second state of rage (with golden horns and purple markings).
Want to see more? Check out Amatsumagatsuchi VideosMHP3rdアマツマガツチ討伐(1 6)(08:30)