|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wikia until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
Its skull protrudes from the top of its head, forming bony plates. Its tail is thick, and ends in a knife-shaped protrusion, which is used both offensively and defensively. It uses the plates on its back to regulate its temperature, making Abiorugu able to thrive in a diverse range of climate zones.
It attacks with a combination of bites and tail-swings. It can slam its tail to the ground, dealing massive damage, and can also launch spikes from its tail. It utilizes a flaming breath attack as well that inflicts the Defense Down ailment. When enraged, tips of its back plates turn red.
Other Non-Subspecies Forms
|MHFO: Abiorugu Music Theme|
|MHFO: Abiorugu (HR100) Music Theme|
- Abiorugu's head can be broken twice. The first time one of its head crests will break, and the second time one of its fangs will be broken and its face will be scarred(similar to Deviljho). Its tail spikes and bladed tail can be broken as well (although the main body of the tail cannot be cut off).
- Abiorugu's back plates will become red, yellow or orange when it enters its enraged state.
- Abiorugu only gives 3 carves.
- Unlike Deviljho, Abiorugu are not cannibalistic and work as a team when hunting.
- Abiorugu can throw tail spikes.
- Abiorugu is capable of combo attacks with no escape time or invincible time for hunters.
- One of these combos has become well known for killing multiple hunters at once in a full circle causing instant quest failure.
- Abiorugu's roar requires HG Earplugs to block.
- Abiorugu's tremors require Tremor Res +1 to block.
- In order to upgrade, some of Abiorugu's HR100 weapons requires paper proofs obtained only from hunting a pair of Abiorugu.