|Some of the names in this Article use an unofficial English translation of its official Japanese Name.|
The name is obtained either by using Japanese translating programs or through previous existing English equivalent terms in the game. The names will be used as quick references around other articles in the Monster Hunter Wiki until Capcom reveals the official English names for them.
|MHFO: Abiorugu Music Theme|
|MHFO: Abiorugu (HR100) Music Theme|
Its skull protrudes from the top of its head, forming bony plates. Its tail is thick, and ends in a knife-shaped protrusion, which is used both offensively and defensively. Lastly, it uses the plates on its back to regulate its temperature, making Abiorugu able to tolerate both cold and warm locations. Because of this ability, it can be found in multiple habitats, similar to the third generation's Deviljho.
It attacks with a combination of bites and tail-swings. It can slam its tail to the ground, dealing massive damage, and can also fire spikes from its tail. It utilizes a breath attack as well that inflicts the Defense Down ailment. When enraged, tips of its back plates turn red.
- Abiorugu's head can be broken twice. The first time one of its head crests will break, and the second time one of its fangs will be broken and its face will be scarred(similar to Deviljho). Its tail spikes and bladed tail can be broken as well (although the main body of the tail cannot be cut off).
- Abiorugu's back plates will become red, yellow or orange when it enters its enraged state.
- Abiorugu only gives 3 carves.
- Unlike Deviljho, Abiorugu are not cannibalistic and work as a team when hunting.
- Abiorugu can throw tail spikes.
- Abiorugu is capable of combo attacks with no escape time or invincible time for hunters.
- One of these combos has become well known for killing multiple hunters at once in a full circle causing instant quest failure.
- To many's panic and fear, to upgrade some of Abiorugu's HR100 weapons requires paper proofs found only from hunting a pair of Abiorugu.
- This makes many hunters question if some HR100 Abiorugu weapons are worth the trouble making. Unless it's a event you only get one paper proof per hunt unless you're lucky.